14.1.14

Thought Number 2 Came From The Zoo

Today was a beautiful day. The sun was shinning and a warm wind was tickling my arms.  With this beauty in mind, I found some beautiful thoughts occur in my spacious head.

If one had asked me earlier , 'Why is your mind so spacious today?' I would have replied in a good old kiwi fashion, 'I dunno ae!' But I now know why.

As the day progressed I discovered that sometimes a spacious head is good as it invites even better thoughts in! And today a thought walked in that always seems to make me feel happy, light and alive!

Let me explain a little more. Today the family and I went to Orana Park which is a Zoo. As we found our selves wandering around the designated circuit I found my self stationed in front of one of my favorite animals!

For those of you who know me well, you will know I adore Zebra's! And so guess who's habitat I found my self stationed in front of for a while today? Yes that's right a Zebra!

As I sat, watched and listened to the volunteer talking about this fascinating animal. I was hit with a thought...

That thought being;
- 'Wow we have an awesome creator!'

And in that moment I was struck with the beauty and  intricacies of the animals and frankly in awe of God, our Daddy's, handy work!

As I continued listening to the women, I was reminded that no zebra has the same formatting of stripes. In simpler form, for those of you who are a lil thick like me! They're all unique! No single zebra is the same. They are an individual, beautiful, detailed creation.

It reminded me of you and I. Did you know that no two people have the same finger print. We all are different. Yet a master piece in God's bigger plan! 
Read Psalm 139:13-16  and you'll be reminded of how special and how well thought out you, me and every other Human being on the planet is.

'For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.'

And so I urge you to reread over those couple of verses and speak them to your self! Get inspired like I was today by a zebra! That I'm unique, fearfully and wonderfully made and that I am a magnificent piece of God's masterpiece!

I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes that I believe fits quite nicely,

Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment